The federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has launched KnowBullying, a free smartphone app that provides parents, caretakers and educators information and support to address youth bullying. The KnowBullying mobile app, developed in collaboration with the federal partnership StopBullying.gov, is available for iPhone and Android users. Key features include:
- How to start a conversation with a child about bullying.
- How to prevent bullying for ages 3 to 6, 7 to 13, and older teens.
- How to recognize whether bullying is affecting a child.
- How and when to talk with children about bullying issues.
- Getting advice and support through social media — Facebook, Twitter, email, and text messages.
- Educator-focused strategies for preventing bullying in the classroom and supporting children who are being bullied.
To download the app, visit: store.samhsa.gov/apps/bullying.
To view a promotional flier, visit store.samhsa.gov/apps/bullying/tools/docs/KnowBullyingApp_Flyer.pdf
For more resources, go to www.stopbullying.gov/resources/index.html/.